Girls Program Strategic Alliance Announced at LSA Awards Gala
On Saturday evening January 20th,2018, at the 2nd Annual Sharks Awards Gala, DOC Jonathan Cueva was joined on stage by the LSA Board of Directors, Senior Coaches and girls team coaches to announce a new strategic alliance for the LSA girls program. In front of nearly 400 LSA members and players, Jonathan shared that as he and the Board of Directors worked to build our girls program to the same strength of the LSA boys program, LSA has joined into a landmark alliance with the #1 girls program in the state, NASA/TOPHAT(NTH).
Starting after this Spring season, the LSA girls program will be known as the "NTH-Sharks" and play in NTH uniforms with the Sharks logo on their sleeve. The program will remain based at Allen Creek Soccer Complex in Gainesville, GA and be run from the LSA corporate offices in Flowery Branch and be staffed by LSA paid coaches while the new NTH Sharks program is guided in training and curriculum by the world class team at NTH.
The LSA Board was unanimous in their approval of this partnership and along with the coaches, staff, and a representative from NTH all signed a "Commitment Board" like this on stage.
In his State of the Club speech, Jonathan Cueva explained:
"For LSA Boys we provide or have provided the following products: U.S. Development Academy, Atlanta United ID, GA United ID, and Manchester United ID Camps. For LSA Girls, we offered none of these product offerings. Their only route to higher soccer was ODP tryouts. Moreover, while we are very proud of the three Regional Premier League caliber girls teams we produced this fall (U13,U15, U18), we knew our girls deserved more. We had missed opportunity to fulfill our mission to provide soccer for every type of player in our community."
Key Points of this Strategic Alliance:
- Align LSA with the #1 Girls Soccer Brand in Georgia and one of the top brands in the country. TOPHAT has been the gold standard in girls only soccer development for decades.
- Allows the Sharks to grow our girls program based on top coaching techniques and a nationally recognized curriculum.
- Partner with a program that allows us to continue independently growing our highly successful Boys Sharks program while developing our U.S. Development Academy.
- Provides our older girls a pipeline to U.S. Development Academy, ECNL and D1 college ID opportunities.
- Partner with a strong club that will provide tournament support and season scheduling assistance for our Academy teams.
LSA looks forward to growing this exciting alliance with NTH over the coming years to grow the beautiful game of soccer in the state while serving a rising number of girls in our geographic region. We believe that we must create world class soccer training for the more than 1,717 players and their parents who played with us last year and with our friends at NTH this is now a reality at Allen Creek.