LSA Academy Program (Ages 7-12)
The LSA Academy program is intended for those players that are looking to play a higher level of soccer and prepare for Select-level soccer which is available at U13, and above. Players are expected to have a high-level of commitment to the development of their soccer skills. As part of LSA's Academy, our players develop both their technical and tactical skills.
Players in our Academy program will be provided with professional trainers who have multiple years of coaching experience and an extensive background playing soccer at the highest levels of the game. Players will be given the opportunity to utilize thier skills and accelerate their development through weekly competition with other high level soccer teams throughout the metro Atlanta area, as well as competing in both pre-season and post-season tournaments.
For players in the LSA Academy program that are interested in playing the Goalkeeper position, in addition to team training, LSA also provides our players with goalkeeper training from our excellent staff of goalkeeper coaches.
The LSA Academy program is a full-year soccer program comprised of a Fall and a Spring soccer season. The Fall season runs from September through November and the Spring season run from March through May. Pre-season activities, such as team camps or pre-season tournaments) occur in August (Fall season) and February (Spring season).
The LSA Academy program utilizes small-sided soccer games in the younger age groups (U4 through U12). The purpose of small-sided soccer is to allow the game to be the teacher by maximizing each player’s touches on the ball and encourages all the players to develop their skills in all positions. U14, and older, teams play in 11 vs 11 format. For more information about small-sided soccer games and their modified rules, see Small-Sided Games.
- Trained by a professional coach
- Assistant coach available for training
- 2 practices per week, 1.5 hours each
- U9/U10: 2 teams train together as a group
- U11/U12: Each team trains individually
- Goalkeeper training available for interested players
- Teams play 1 or 2 games each weekend
- Games played against other competitive Atlanta-area clubs
- U9/U10 teams play 7v7 games
- U11/U12 teams play 9v9 games
- Top U12 teams may play 11v11
- 1 to 2 Pre-season tournament each season
- 1 to 2 Post-season tournament each season
Further information specific to the current and upcoming soccer seasons can be found at the links below.
Upcoming Events for Academy